Dear Clinton Community,
We are continuing to monitor the national surge in COVID-19 cases. The significant increase in cases is, in part, due to the spread of the omicron variant, which is spreading more rapidly. As a result of the surge, we must adapt as the college remains committed to the health and well-being of our students and the entire campus community.
Clinton College will delay the return to on-campus activity. The semester will begin remotely for all faculty, staff, and students. Please see below for more information:
- All Faculty and Staff will return to work on January 5, 2022, remotely and will continue to work remotely until January 21, 2022. This delayed start will give all faculty and staff an opportunity to test and get their mandatory booster shots after the New Year holiday. All faculty and staff will return to campus on Monday, January 24, 2022. Faculty and Staff must present a negative COVID test before returning to campus, and proof of their booster shot. The deadline to present proof of booster is extended to January 21, 2022.
- Student-Athletes will return to campus on January 5, 2022. Student-athletes must present a negative COVID test and proof of booster (if eligible) before being cleared to move in residence halls.
- All students will begin classes on Monday, January 10, 2022, via our remote platform, Brightspace. No face-to-face classes will take place from Monday, January 10, 2022, to Tuesday, January 25, 2022. All classes will begin online.
- Residential students will move back on campus on Monday, January 24, 2022. Students must present a negative COVID test and proof of booster (if eligible) before being cleared to move in.
- Hybrid classes for residential students only will begin on Wednesday, January 26, 2022. Commuter students will continue Brightspace from January 10, 2022, until Spring Break.
- Commuter students will attend classes on campus (or continue hybrid) beginning March 7, 2022.
The college will continue with the following safety protocols:
- Weekly PCR Covid testing
- Mask Mandate
- Vaccine and Booster requirement
- Virtual meetings until further notice
The national and citywide response to COVID-19 continues to be an evolving one. Clinton College will continue to monitor this situation and will inform you of any changes to our schedule or additions to our protocols.
We thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work together to keep #BearNation safe!